from Boston, where I took our high school debate team for a long-weekend at the Harvard Invitational. Our student congress team finished in third place, and my daughter made the semi-final round.
I experienced a total news black-out, but could not escape from the rabidly anti-Bush sentiment on my daughter’s team and among the debaters in general. Even worse, I had to bite my tongue when several team members became excited upon learning that Noam Chomsky was speaking on campus.
At the end of the trip, however, the newest member of the team noticed that I was reading The National Review and asked whether I also read The Weekly Standard. When I responded in the affirmative, he said that his father writes for the Standard. His father turns out to be the excellent David Tell.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- House committee document could mean trouble for anti-Trump "deep statists"
- Bombshell: Simpson Admits Fusion GPS Went to the Press to Salvage Hillary's Campaign
- Schumer Flees From Tom Cotton
- The Week in Pictures: Pod People Edition
- White House issues tough statement on "Schumer Shutdown"
- Minnesota woman strikes St. Kate's
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell