when Chris Matthews and his mostly liberal panel can’t think of anything negative to say about the proceedings. I’m sure the spin has started by now, but immediately after the one-two combination of John McCain and Rudy Giuliani was administered, Matthews and company could only express awe at what they had witnessed. Finally, good old Andrea Mitchell was able to get in a shot at Bush. Mitchell opined that McCain and Giuliani both had succeeded in showing the relevance of the war in Iraq to the war on terrorism, while Bush has never been able to do so. Actually Bush makes that same showing in his standard stump speech. But we excuse Mitchell for not knowing this, and we appreciate her concession that our fight in Iraq is relevant to our fight against terrorism.
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
- A window opens onto the left-wing mind
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell