Martin Gilbert, the great historian of Winston Churchill, argues that President Bush and Prime Minister Blair may one day be viewed as akin to Roosevelt and Churchill. If Bush and Blair succeed in their ambitious joint foreign policy agenda (a big “if” to be sure), it seems clear to me that an objective rendering of history would certainly find the comparison compelling.
Most Read on Power Line
- A Window Opens Onto the Left-Wing Conspiracy
- World Cup preview -- Brazil vs. Germany [UPDATED]
- Are A Few Journalists Starting to Figure It Out?
- A Message to Our Readers In Melbourne, Australia
- Barack Obama, Rick Perry, and the handshake that won't happen
- Dan Rather Plots Comeback, With Assist From Robert Redford
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell