At the end of 2004, when I posted my mid-year all-EPL soccer team, the dozen or so readers who follow English soccer responded en masse. Therefore, I’m presenting my end-of-the-end team:
Shaun Wright-Phillips-Manchester City
Andrew Johnson-Crystal Palace
Those who prefer a less all-out attacking team should substitute Arsenal’s Ashley Cole for Wright-Phillips.
John Terry is my selection for player of the year, followed by Lampard and Henry.
I won’t do honorable mentions, but if I did I would mention, among others, Evertonians Tony Hibbert and Nigel Martyn, along with former Evertonian Wayne Rooney, plus Nolberto Solano, the favorite of Scott’s brother-in-law. I would also include whichever player the exclusion of whom from the top 12 you, the reader, are going to write me to complain about.
UPDATE: Reader Mike McCabe takes me to task for excluding Liverpool’s hard-man defender, Jamie Carragher. In fairness, he probably has a point.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- House committee document could mean trouble for anti-Trump "deep statists"
- Bombshell: Simpson Admits Fusion GPS Went to the Press to Salvage Hillary's Campaign
- Schumer Flees From Tom Cotton
- A Primer on the "Government Shutdown"
- The Week in Pictures: Pod People Edition
- White House issues tough statement on "Schumer Shutdown"
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell