The Washington Post reports that one member of the 14-person group assembled to witness the execution of Saddam Hussein shouted “Moqtada, Moqtada, Moqtada” (referring, of course, to the radical anti-American Shiite Moqtada al-Sadr) in the moments before the former dictator was put to death. Saddam reportedly smiled and said sarcastically, “Moqtada?” The gathering reportedly was an “invitation only” affair consisting of the justice minister, top security officals, members of parliament, and top advisers of Prime Minister Maliki.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
2016 Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Clinton security detail also considered Hillary a nasty woman
- What's Up With the Polls?
- Democrat Agrees to Spanish-Language Debate, Drops Out When He Realizes Opponent Speaks Spanish
- The Week in Pictures: Rigged! Edition
- Not rigged, thrown: Bill Campenni comments
- Clinton Foundation employed senior Muslim Brotherhood official
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell