Mike Niforng, the prosecutor in charge of the crumbling case against three Duke lacrosse players, reportedly has asked the state attorney general to appoint a special prosecutor to take over the case. Nifong faces ethics charges that could lead to his disbarment.
Nifong claims that he still believes in the case but thinks the accusations against him would be a distraction, and wants to make sure the accuser receives a fair trial. Any rational special prosecutor is likely to conclude that, in this case, a fair trial means no trial.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- House committee document could mean trouble for anti-Trump "deep statists"
- Bombshell: Simpson Admits Fusion GPS Went to the Press to Salvage Hillary's Campaign
- Schumer Flees From Tom Cotton
- The Week in Pictures: Pod People Edition
- A Primer on the "Government Shutdown"
- White House issues tough statement on "Schumer Shutdown"
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell