Bill Kristol takes to the pages of the Washington Post to argue that “George W. Bush’s presidency will probably be a successful one.” According to Kristol, for Bush to be veiwed as a successful president General Petraeus must succeed in Iraq and a Republican must win the presidency in 2008. These two conditions are related, or course, which may help explain why Democrats seem so determined that Petraeus not succeed in Iraq.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- House committee document could mean trouble for anti-Trump "deep statists"
- Bombshell: Simpson Admits Fusion GPS Went to the Press to Salvage Hillary's Campaign
- Schumer Flees From Tom Cotton
- The Week in Pictures: Pod People Edition
- A Primer on the "Government Shutdown"
- White House issues tough statement on "Schumer Shutdown"
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell