Our server crashed yesterday, so I didn’t get to comment on the Washington Post’s front-page story on Fred Thompson’s wife, Jeri Kehn Thompson. It’s largely a non-story in any case. Alec MacGillis and John Solomon have much to say about Jeri Thompson’s time living with her college boyfriend in Nashville, and surprisingly little to say about her time in political Washington. Perhaps they couldn’t find enough negative information from that period.
The vapidity of the story is best captured in this line: “One person directly familiar with the campaign said Thompson was the architect of the strategy to portray her husband as the true conservative in the race.”
To comment on this post, go here.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Durham D.A. admits ideology will influence his prosecutorial discretion
- The media can't help but help Trump
- New York Times Applauds Far-Left Violence
- Munchin' on Mnuchin
- Google Teaming With Left-Wing Groups to Drive Conservatives Off the Internet?
- U.S. Civil Rights Commission wants no enemies on the left
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill