The mainstream media has been quite critical of the Musharraf government for failing to go after the Taliban in northwest Pakistan. Now, according to Asian news sources collected by Stanley Kurtz, the army of Pakistan is conducting a surge against the Taliban in the region, appareantly with some success. As Kurtz points out, however, our MSM is basically ignoring that surge.
Was the MSM ever really bothered by Musharraf’s lack of action against the Taliban, or was that just a pretext for criticizing a U.S. ally and, by extension, President Bush?
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
2016 Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- There's something about Hillary's health
- Meet the black Charlotte police officer who shot Keith Lamont Scott
- What the NFL Can Teach Washington About Social Policy
- The Economy in Pictures
- Glenn Kessler illustrates why moderators shouldn't "fact check"
- The National Anthem: a tale of two football teams
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell