Mike Huckabee was already in John McCain’s rear view mirror. After tonight, he’ll barely be worth a backward glance. With half of the Virginia vote in, Fox News has declared McCain the victor in that winner-take-all contest. And exit polling strongly suggests that McCain will win in Maryland, as well (the Maryland polls won’t close until 9:30 due to “inclement weather,” which around here means a light, cold rain).
So now, McCain can focus on the larger tasks ahead of him — putting together an expanded organization, mending fences with conservatives, and developing his campaign themes for the general election. If that means losing the occasional race to Huckabee (assuming Huck persists), so be it.
It was the prospect of seeing McCain reach this happy point that induced me to brave the frozen tundra of Bethesda and cast my vote for him.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Durham D.A. admits ideology will influence his prosecutorial discretion
- The media can't help but help Trump
- New York Times Applauds Far-Left Violence
- Munchin' on Mnuchin
- Google Teaming With Left-Wing Groups to Drive Conservatives Off the Internet?
- U.S. Civil Rights Commission wants no enemies on the left
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill