President Obama plans to nominate Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke to another term tomorrow. Bernanke is controversial among conservatives (and leftists too, I imagine). However, he strikes me as an extremely able economist/bureaucrat who has made mostly good decisions under very difficult circumstances.
So I applaud Obama for reappointing Bernanke. And I suspect the move will reinforce the growing confidence that our economy is on the road to recovery.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
2016 Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- There's something about Hillary's health
- Meet the black Charlotte police officer who shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Our under-incarceration problem, Charlotte edition
- How's the Coverup Going, Hillary?
- What the NFL Can Teach Washington About Social Policy
- Mark Cuban and Gennifer Flowers to Square Off at Monday's Debate? [with comment by Paul]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell