President Obama has received high marks from Fidel Castro for his U.N. speech. Castro was impressed by Obama’s admission of past errors by the U.S. with respect to climate change issues. “It would only be fair to recognize that no other United States president would have had the courage to say what he said,” Castro gushed.
Castro is wrong. Modern Democratic presidents are quite prone to admit errors, real and imagined, committed by their predecessors. What it is that’s “courageous” about such statements remains unclear.
Still, with Obama’s foreign policy being widely panned, and playing out so poorly in key areas of the world, Obama will perhaps take comfort from the fact that one veteran practitioner, albeit from a backwater, has praised him.
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
- Rand Paul: Did an Old Prejudice Rear Its Head In His CPAC Speech?
- Poll contains good news and bad news for Democrats [With Comment on Hillary By John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell