The more I see of today’s health care summit, the more impressed I am with the way the Republicans handled themselves. They say it always works to the president’s disadvantage when the opposition appears on the same stage and holds up its end of the argument. Today, in my opinion, the Republicans did more than that.
This shouldn’t have come as a surprise. As I suggested earlier this month, to the extent they were confident in their arguments, there was no reason for the congressional Republicans to shy away from debating the president on this issue in this forum.
Today’s performance was no aberration. From a conservative perspective, the Republicans have handled themselves extremely well throughout the health care debate.
Anyone who argues that there is no significant difference between the two parties is a fool or a fraud.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Toxic Democrats Edition
- Kamala Harris goes silent when confronted with true sex-based oppression
- An epidemic of lawlessness
- Dems Say: Stop Obsessing On Russia!
- The AP Runs Interference for Comey and Mueller [with comment by Paul]
- Charles Grassley: Chuck Schumer lied about Russia investigation
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell