The more I see of today’s health care summit, the more impressed I am with the way the Republicans handled themselves. They say it always works to the president’s disadvantage when the opposition appears on the same stage and holds up its end of the argument. Today, in my opinion, the Republicans did more than that.
This shouldn’t have come as a surprise. As I suggested earlier this month, to the extent they were confident in their arguments, there was no reason for the congressional Republicans to shy away from debating the president on this issue in this forum.
Today’s performance was no aberration. From a conservative perspective, the Republicans have handled themselves extremely well throughout the health care debate.
Anyone who argues that there is no significant difference between the two parties is a fool or a fraud.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
2016 Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Clinton security detail also considered Hillary a nasty woman
- What's Up With the Polls?
- Democrat Agrees to Spanish-Language Debate, Drops Out When He Realizes Opponent Speaks Spanish
- The Week in Pictures: Rigged! Edition
- Not rigged, thrown: Bill Campenni comments
- Clinton Foundation employed senior Muslim Brotherhood official
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell