Dino Rossi is reportedly set to announce that he will seek the Republican nomination for the Washington Senate seat held by Democrat Patty Murray. Rossi was twice unsuccessful in running for governor of Washington, but one of those two races was decided by only 133 votes.
Polls suggest that Rossi is the strongest candidate the Republicans can field in this race. The most recent poll, conducted by the University of Washington, has him trailing Murray by only 4 percentage points. Clint Didier was a heck of an H-back/tight end, and he’s been endorsed by Sarah Palin. However, he trails Murray by almost 15 points, as does state Sen. Don Benton, who has been endorsed by various state officials.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
2016 Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- There's something about Hillary's health
- Meet the black Charlotte police officer who shot Keith Lamont Scott
- What the NFL Can Teach Washington About Social Policy
- The Economy in Pictures
- Glenn Kessler illustrates why moderators shouldn't "fact check"
- The National Anthem: a tale of two football teams
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell