I wrote here about Sarah Palin’s intriguing decision to back Joe Miller’s challenge to Alaska Senator Lisa Murkowski. Palin announced that decision in early June. Nearly two months later, and one month before Alaska’s Republican primary, Murkowski holds a 32 point lead (62-30) over Miller.
The poll was conducted by the Alaska based survey firm Ivan Moore Research. According to Politico, this firm used to work for Democrats, but now works for candidates of both parties. In this instance, the firm did the poll on its own. It sampled 320 likely primary voters. That rather small sample apparently included some “undeclared” voters who might vote in the Democratic primary.
One of Miller’s problems is lack of name recognition. 54 percent of respondents said they didn’t have enough information about him to form an opinion.
If Miller and his supporters in the Tea Party Express can raise some money, perhaps they can supply more information, including word of Palin’s endorsement. In addition, Murkowski has agreed to have a series of debates with Miller.
But Miller has another problem — Murkowski is well liked. In this survey 53 percent viewed her favorably and only 18 percent unfavorably. That’s pretty impressive in an anti-incumbent year. Moreover, earlier this month, a poll found that 75 percent of Alaska Republicans believe Murkowski deserves re-election.
It looks like she will get it.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Federal judge threatens to hold IRS commissioner and DOJ lawyers in contempt [With Comment by John]
- Lions, Triggers, and Critics, Oh My!
- We Live In a World Gone Mad
- Planned Parenthood Video #4 Is a Shocker
- An Omnibus Climate And Green Weenie Update [With Derision by John]
- What's Happening In States That Are Paying Attention Is Reassuring
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell