In this post, I listed the 26 congressional races in seats held by Democrats that Larry Sabato rates as toss-ups. With Sabato rating 13 more Democrat-held seats as “leaning Republican,” I suggested that the 26 allegedly “toss-up” seats can be viewed as the core battleground in the race to control the House.
One of the 26 seats is Arkansas’ First Congressional District, where incumbent Marion Berry is stepping down. Today comes word, albeit from an internal poll released by the state Republican party, that Republican Rick Crawford (who owns and operates a farm news network) leads Democrat Chad Causey (Rep. Berry’s chief-of-staff) by a margin of 44-38.
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
- A window opens onto the left-wing mind
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell