The news has been pretty boring the last few days. Al Gore is back, promising that if the Democrats will only nominate him one more time, he’ll stop watching the polls and obeying his advisers and we’ll finally see the real Gore. No, wait, he really means it this time! Fallout from the school choice decision is mostly boring and predictable: Democrats assuring us that parents everywhere love the public schools and have no desire to send their children elsewhere in search of a better education. Just look at the DC liberals themselves, for example. God knows they would never do such a thing. Fires burning all over the West, most of them started by firefighters. Which is not a bad metaphor for much of our public life: politicians vying to save us (with our money, of course) from problems for which they are primarily responsible. Anyway, inasmuch as I’m on vacation this week, it’s a good day to shut off the laptop and work in the garden or catch a ball game on TV.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Durham D.A. admits ideology will influence his prosecutorial discretion
- The media can't help but help Trump
- New York Times Applauds Far-Left Violence
- Munchin' on Mnuchin
- Google Teaming With Left-Wing Groups to Drive Conservatives Off the Internet?
- U.S. Civil Rights Commission wants no enemies on the left
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell