Mark Steyn argued a day or two ago, in a column I can’t find now, that “bin Laden has been laiden six feet under.” I think he’s right. If bin Laden were alive we would have heard from him. My guess is that the administration is pretty sure he’s dead but has no incentive to publicize the fact. They may be saving it for a time when good news is more badly needed, or they may be waiting for the Democrats to get farther out on the limb–as Tom Daschle did earlier this week–by whining that the war is a failure because bin Laden is still alive. This is a dumb thing to say in any event, but it will seem especially laughable if it turns out that bin Laden has been dead since December or January.
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
- Rand Paul: Did an Old Prejudice Rear Its Head In His CPAC Speech?
- Poll contains good news and bad news for Democrats [With Comment on Hillary By John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell