Mark Steyn argued a day or two ago, in a column I can’t find now, that “bin Laden has been laiden six feet under.” I think he’s right. If bin Laden were alive we would have heard from him. My guess is that the administration is pretty sure he’s dead but has no incentive to publicize the fact. They may be saving it for a time when good news is more badly needed, or they may be waiting for the Democrats to get farther out on the limb–as Tom Daschle did earlier this week–by whining that the war is a failure because bin Laden is still alive. This is a dumb thing to say in any event, but it will seem especially laughable if it turns out that bin Laden has been dead since December or January.
Most Read on Power Line
- Why You Should Be Sympathetic Toward Cliven Bundy
- Today's IRS Documents: What Do They Show?
- Standoff at Bundy Ranch Ends, With Photo of the Year So Far
- The War On Standards Comes to College Debate [with comment by Paul]
- Is Scott Walker on his way to 2016 front-runner status?
- At Dartmouth, Phil Hanlon wants no enemies to the left
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell