Today’s Washington Post contains an article by attorney Nathan Lewin arguing that “past U.S. investigations of murdered American citizens in Israel have been a sham.” A 1986 anti-terrorism law makes the killing of any national of the United States, while such national is outside the United States, a capital crime. The law has been invoked in a number of instances. But, according to Lewin, it has never been enforced by Justice Deparment against the murderers of Jewish American citizens who were living in Israel or visiting there when killed.
Most Read on Power Line
- Why You Should Be Sympathetic Toward Cliven Bundy
- Today's IRS Documents: What Do They Show?
- Standoff at Bundy Ranch Ends, With Photo of the Year So Far
- Is Scott Walker on his way to 2016 front-runner status?
- The War On Standards Comes to College Debate [with comment by Paul]
- At Dartmouth, Phil Hanlon wants no enemies to the left
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell