Today’s Washington Post contains an article by attorney Nathan Lewin arguing that “past U.S. investigations of murdered American citizens in Israel have been a sham.” A 1986 anti-terrorism law makes the killing of any national of the United States, while such national is outside the United States, a capital crime. The law has been invoked in a number of instances. But, according to Lewin, it has never been enforced by Justice Deparment against the murderers of Jewish American citizens who were living in Israel or visiting there when killed.
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
- A window opens onto the left-wing mind
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell