The Weekly Standard has collected some of Al Gore’s “conflicting statements” about Iraq over the years. I know that Rocket Man and Trunk don’t deal in rumors, and I have tried to honor that policy. But here I cannot resist mentioning the persistent Washington rumor that, in 1991 when Al Gore was trying to decide how to vote on the Gulf War resolution, Gore conditioned his agreement to vote for President Bush’s resolution on Bob Dole’s agreement to give him a good television time in which to deliver his speech on this issue.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Durham D.A. admits ideology will influence his prosecutorial discretion
- The media can't help but help Trump
- New York Times Applauds Far-Left Violence
- Munchin' on Mnuchin
- Google Teaming With Left-Wing Groups to Drive Conservatives Off the Internet?
- U.S. Civil Rights Commission wants no enemies on the left
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell