Whether the Democrats will be able to field a substitute candidate for Torricelli is unclear. The Democrats reportedly believe the New Jersey Supreme Court will come through for them, but I can’t imagine how this can be achieved in five weeks. Here is the latest from the Washington Post. My favorite quote is from Doug Forrester, who says: “The laws of the state of New Jersey do not contain a ‘we think we’re going to lose so we get to pick someone new’ clause.”
Most Read on Power Line
- Why You Should Be Sympathetic Toward Cliven Bundy
- Today's IRS Documents: What Do They Show?
- Standoff at Bundy Ranch Ends, With Photo of the Year So Far
- Is Scott Walker on his way to 2016 front-runner status?
- The War On Standards Comes to College Debate [with comment by Paul]
- At Dartmouth, Phil Hanlon wants no enemies to the left
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell