John O’Sullivan notes that “If we had to rely on the U.S. government and major news media for enlightenment, we would be utterly mystified as to why John Muhammad and John Malvo allegedly went on a killing spree. They are pretty sure that it has nothing to do with Islam or illegal immigration. Aside from that they are baffled.” O’Sullivan points out that there never was any evidence to support the “angry white male” profile, and that three columnists–Michelle Malkin, Andrew Sullivan and Mark Steyn–provided more reliable information and sounder analysis than the entire mainstream media. Why? Because “they were not wearing ideological blinders when they looked at [the] facts.” O’Sullivan concludes that Sullivan, Steyn and Malkin demonstrate that “reporting is too important to be left to the reporters,” a sentiment that will meet with no objection in the blogosphere.
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
- Rand Paul: Did an Old Prejudice Rear Its Head In His CPAC Speech?
- Poll contains good news and bad news for Democrats [With Comment on Hillary By John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell