Here is National Review Online’s interview with Stephen Schwartz, an expert on Wahhabism, the extremist Islamic movement that constitutes the main source of Islamic violence in the world today. Schwartz notes that Wahhabism is completely subsidized by the Saudi regime, using oil income. According to Schwartz, Saddam Hussein “has used Wahhabism to give his regime an Islamic cover, but Wahhabism is deeply unpopular in Iraq” as it is in Turkey, Iran, and the Balkans. Unfortunately, says Schwartz, the United States is the only country outside of Saudi Arabia where the Islamic establishment is under Wahhabi control. Eighty percent of American mosques are Wahhabi-influenced. This does not mean that 80 percent of the people who attend mosques in the U.S. are Wahhabis, but Schwartz says that Wahhabi agents have sought to impose their ideology on all attendees in the mosques they control, and many “official” Islamic organizataions in the U.S. are Wahhabi fronts.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- House committee document could mean trouble for anti-Trump "deep statists"
- Bombshell: Simpson Admits Fusion GPS Went to the Press to Salvage Hillary's Campaign
- Schumer Flees From Tom Cotton
- The Week in Pictures: Pod People Edition
- White House issues tough statement on "Schumer Shutdown"
- A Primer on the "Government Shutdown"
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell