New York Times reporter Jere Longman has reconstructed the events that took place aboard United Flight 93 when American citizens acting together deliberated briefly under unfathomable pressure and rose to thwart the fourth terrorist attack on 9/11. He tells the story in his book Among the Heroes: United Flight 93 and the Passengers and Crew Who Fought Back.
In a class by itself among this morning’s columns is Jonathan Last’s account of the memorial to the heroes of Flight 93 at the scene of the crash in Shanksville, Pennsylvania: “A site to remember.” Don’t miss this one. (Courtesy of RealClearPolitics.)
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
- Rand Paul: Did an Old Prejudice Rear Its Head In His CPAC Speech?
- Poll contains good news and bad news for Democrats [With Comment on Hillary By John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell