Mark Steyn seems to have been inspired by recent disclosures involving Labour MP George Galloway: “I have excellent Korea prospects — I mean career prospects.” William Safire, on the other hand, has been inspired by the invective aimed at Newt Gingrich that Deacon referred to below: “Invective’s comeback.”
On National Review Online, Professor David Schaefer offers an informative history lesson on the intellectual perils of pacifism: “What did Gandhi do?” Was it not our political hero Winston Churchill who called Gandhi a half-naked fakir?
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Cancel The Interview Edition
- Long story short, Iowahawk edition
- Edward Jay Epstein: Journalism and truth
- As Anti-Police Demonstration Rages at Mall of America, Two Cops Are Murdered in Brooklyn [Updated]
- What's in a political name?
- Eric Holder invents rights for the transgendered
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell