As former teenage students of the “Playboy philosophy” — Hugh Hefner’s encylopedic exposition of his deep thoughts in a monthly Playboy column during the sixties — Rocket Man and I should not have let Hefner’s seventy-seventh birthday pass without notice. George Will makes up for us today in his column: “Hef the winner.”
HINDROCKET adds: It’s hard to avoid the conclusion that, for better or worse, Hefner was one of the most influential thinkers of the past century. Our musings on the rise of the Playboy Philosophy in American public life can be linked to at left under the title “Clinton.” The article, titled “Perjury Penumbra,” was originally published in the Orange County Register.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
2016 Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Rigged! Edition
- Democrat Agrees to Spanish-Language Debate, Drops Out When He Realizes Opponent Speaks Spanish
- Corrections of the day [Updated With One More]
- What is to be done?
- Clinton Foundation employed senior Muslim Brotherhood official
- Trump's Gettysburg Address? He's Off-Message!
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell