OpinionJournal has posted one of the best columns that ran on the Wall Street Journal’s editorial page this week, on the doctrine underlying Democratic obstruction of votes on President Bush’s judicial appointees, by Brian Anderson of the Manhattan Institute: “Schumerism.”
In a related story, today’s Washington Post reports that rumblings among the conservative troops are compelling the Republican Senate leadership to devote 30 hours to debate on judicial appointments: “GOP plans ‘marathon’ on judges.”
The Post caption reads: “Democratic Sens. Debbie Stabenow (Mich.), Thomas A. Daschle (S.D.) and Harry M. Reid (Nev.), standing, talk to reporters about the GOP plan for a long debate on judicial nominations. They questioned its value.” My caption reads: “The bad guys doing their dirty work in front of a few of their admirers.”
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- House committee document could mean trouble for anti-Trump "deep statists"
- Bombshell: Simpson Admits Fusion GPS Went to the Press to Salvage Hillary's Campaign
- The Week in Pictures: Pod People Edition
- Schumer Flees From Tom Cotton
- White House issues tough statement on "Schumer Shutdown"
- Minnesota woman strikes St. Kate's
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell