Tom Utley of the Daily Telegraph on President Bush’s visit to England. Utley provides a more cheerful perspective than the one I posted below from Mark Steyn. Most of Utley’s piece involves personal and historical reflections. But Utley really delivers the goods in his concluding paragraphs:
“Many Britons are kicking up a fuss about all the disruption that the President’s visit will cause, and the cost of the security operation to the Treasury. This seems extraordinarily mean-spirited to me. Even if the cost is 10 times greater than the
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- House committee document could mean trouble for anti-Trump "deep statists"
- Bombshell: Simpson Admits Fusion GPS Went to the Press to Salvage Hillary's Campaign
- The Week in Pictures: Pod People Edition
- Schumer Flees From Tom Cotton
- White House issues tough statement on "Schumer Shutdown"
- Minnesota woman strikes St. Kate's
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell