I’m no fan of the Republican Medicare prescription drug bill, but this rant by E.J. Dionne brought a smile to my face. It seems that the Republicans broke the rules by sticking together and supporting the president. They are on an “ideological march” (Hillary Clinton’s phrase) that manifests itself in enacting new bank-breaking entitlements. The Democrats lack such cohesion, according to Dionne. Maybe the party strongmen used up too many chips forcing their colleagues to prevent Bush’s judicial nominees from getting a vote.
UPDATE: Dionne’s piece brought more than a smile to Hugh Hewitt; he found the piece to be a “side-splitter.” Hugh points out that the shrill and absurd pronouncements of Ms. Clinton, Barney Frank, and Dionne himself can mean only one thing — the Democrats are losing and panic has set in.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- The meaning of "Australia" [Updated With Chart: How Successful Was Australia?]
- Best Academic Abstract Ever [With Comments By John and Paul]
- Modest Proposals On Gun Violence
- Hide the women and children, the Supreme Court is back in session
- The Washington Nationals' horribly disappointing season, what went wrong?
- The Klobuchar kludge, cont'd
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell