Some years ago the main-line Christian denominations were taken over by leftists; the process is even more far gone in Europe than in America. Hence this utterly bizarre news story: “Two Top Bishops Last Night Warned Tony Blair Must Answer to God for Toppling Saddam Hussein”. Yes, that’s right. God was in Saddam’s corner all the way:
“The Bishop of Durham and the Archbishop of York blasted the war in newspaper interviews. In an astonishing grab for the moral high ground, they admitted Saddam was wicked but claimed the allies were not the right people to oust him.
“Tom Wright, Bishop of Durham, accused the PM and President George Bush
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- 97 Percent of All Liberal Claims Are Wrong
- Earth's Climate Shows 2,000-Year Cooling Trend
- In which Keith Ellison finds me of use
- Next, let's poll the police
- The Collapse of the Democratic Party In South Dakota: What Happened?
- The Cuba appeasement and the latest detainee release -- is there a connection?
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell