This is really too funny. Drudge reports that in 1999, Richard Clarke cancelled a scheduled appearance before the Senate Special Committee on the Y2K computer scare and refused to testify, on the ground of executive privilege. This is, of course, the same rationale that the Bush administration is applying to Condoleezza Rice, with considerably more justification since she (unlike Clarke in 1999) reports directly to the President.
I don’t know, maybe the Clarke-is-a-Republican-mole theory has some merit after all.
Most Read on Power Line
- Best. Supreme Court. Brief. Ever.
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- As Obama Delays Obamacare Again, Julie Boonstra Strikes Back
- Dirty Harry Reid Goes Around the Bend
- Obama Delivers Dead-On-Arrival Budget, Lies About It
- Poll contains good news and bad news for Democrats [With Comment on Hillary By John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell