The ketchup lady came to the heartland yesterday, stumping in Des Moines on behalf of John Kerry. Based on the AP report, she seems to have sought out tales of woe and offered her own innovative proposal that the government “provide incentives to companies that offer health insurance to employees.” Why didn’t we think of that?
Addressing the suggestion that her billion dollar fortune might render her somewhat out of touch with the voters, she said: ”It’s so ludicrous that it makes you laugh.” The AP story reporting her Iowa visit is “Heinz Kerry says she became wealthy on ‘a very sad day.'”
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Obama to Oil Companies (and Motorists): Drop Dead
- For Venezuela, the End Is Near. Someone Tell Bernie!
- Clinton clobbers Sanders [with comment by Paul]
- Clinton among friends
- Polls show Rubio surging in New Hampshire [UPDATED: the Romney factor] [UPDATED AGAIN]
- Washington Post airbrushes Obama's mosque visit
The Power Line Show
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell