Last night I wondered here what film loop John Kerry has running in his head in connection with his excellent adventure in Cambodia. I discounted “Apocalypse Now” in favor of “Harvey,” but Glenn Reynolds has done some serious digging and to my satisfaction has proved me wrong. Check out his KERRY/CAMBODIA UPDATE over at Instapundit. May I observe that John Kerry is one weird dude?
DEACON responds: Yes you may. But I’m thinking that the film loop in connection with Kerry’s overall experience in Vietnam may be “Catch 22.” I imagine that the book version was already “seared” into Kerry’s consciousness by the time he went to war. And, if Kerry’s diaries are any guide, he viewed his war in something like the way Yossarian viewed his. Perhaps, as in the movie version, Kerry made it worth the Navy’s while to let him leave early.
UPDATE: Over at Mean Mr Mustard reader Russell Wardlaw has served up the poster for the film loop running in John Kerry’s mind. What can I say? We’re not worthy!
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Special Al Franken Edition
- On blue slips, Grassley pulls the trigger
- How Al Franken Sees Himself, and How Others See Him
- Kirsten Gillibrand's intellectual dishonesty [UPDATED]
- Gloria Allred won't allow inspection of yearbook
- It wasn't "the times" that caused feminists to give Bill Clinton a pass
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell