Yesterday, authorities announced the arrests of two men, one a Pakistani and one an American citizen, who conspired to bomb various sites in New York City, including a subway station one block from Madison Square Garden.
It doesn’t sound as if their plans had gotten very far; they apparently didn’t have any bombs, and authorities say they may have no connection to al Qaeda or other groups. So they could be what we have referred to as “free-lance Islamofascist terrorists.”
Given that their plans apparenly hadn’t matured very far, these men’s plot may have had nothing to do with next week’s Republican convention. But the authorities are obviously taking no chances. It appears clear that they have broken up more than one terrorist cell in anticipation of the convention, and I expect to feel very secure at the Garden next week.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Socialist Death Squads Rule Venezuela
- The Marches For Democrats, As Reported By Liberal Media
- The Associated Press Interviews President Trump
- Macron and Le Pen are one-two in France [UPDATED]
- Trump Administration to Follow Through On "Dumb Deal" Re Illegal Refugees
- Israel strikes pro-Assad militia in Syria
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell