With Rudy Giuliani’s speech still echoing in my mind, I’m looking for serious writtten reactions to it. Richard Brookhiser has taken the occasion of the speech to supply the perspective of Giuliani’s career as a public man: “Rudy!” A footnote: He mangles the Woody Allen quote, but he finished the column past midnight.
John Podhoretz reflects on the speech itself in his New York Post column: “Stemwinder.”
HINDROCKET adds: Shortly before the main speeches began last night, Podhoretz told Hugh Hewitt and me that he expected a great performance from Giuliani, noting that most people didn’t yet realize what a great stump speaker Giuliani is.
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- The Week in Pictures: Quel Horreur! Edition
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell