Our friend Steven Hayward is the author of The Age of Reagan. Steve is a gifted, ambitious and audacious historian. The first volume of his two-volume history was published in 2001 and covers Reagan’s ascent to the presidency in 1980; the second volume, on which Steve is working, will cover Reagan’s presidency. When he completes the second volume The Age of Reagan will constitute a conservative counterweight to Arthur Schlesinger, Jr.’s endless, unfinished The Age of Roosevelt.
Steve’s terrific essay on the development of Reagan’s thought is featured in the new issue of the Claremont Review of Books, a quarterly magazine that has become my favorite periodical. Steve’s essay is “How Reagan became Reagan.”
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Obama to Oil Companies (and Motorists): Drop Dead
- For Venezuela, the End Is Near. Someone Tell Bernie!
- Clinton clobbers Sanders [with comment by Paul]
- Clinton among friends
- Polls show Rubio surging in New Hampshire [UPDATED: the Romney factor] [UPDATED AGAIN]
- Washington Post airbrushes Obama's mosque visit
The Power Line Show
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell