Earlier this month we wrote about Fargo’s gift to popular music in “V for Vee” — Bobby Vee — and in “Minnesota’s other rock star.” Readers of a certain age will recall such memorable Vee hits as “Take Good Care of My Baby,” “Rubber Ball,” and “Come Back When You Grow Up.” Vee is still going strong at age 61.
We immediately heard from Bill Bennett of the “Morning in America” radio show and his producer Seth Liebsohn, who told us that Bennett is a huge fan of Vee. They asked us if might be able to help them contact Vee to invite him on the show, and we lent a hand.
At Outdoor Baseball our friend Gene Allen reports the good news: Vee will appear on the the show tomorrow morning at 8:05 a.m. (Eastern), 7:05 a.m. (Central).
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Special Al Franken Edition
- On blue slips, Grassley pulls the trigger
- How Al Franken Sees Himself, and How Others See Him
- Kirsten Gillibrand's intellectual dishonesty [UPDATED]
- Gloria Allred won't allow inspection of yearbook
- It wasn't "the times" that caused feminists to give Bill Clinton a pass
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell