Today could be the day that one or more Supreme Court Justice announces his or her retirement. Speculation about whether this will, in fact, be that day is reaching a fever pitch in Washington, as is speculation about the identity of President Bush’s nominee in the event of a vacancy. Jan Crawford Greenberg of the Chicago Tribune speculates that the two finalists are Michael Luttig and John Roberts. That’s great news, if true. In any case, Greenberg’s portrait of the two — close friends for many years — is worth reading.
Most Read on Power Line
- Best. Supreme Court. Brief. Ever.
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- As Obama Delays Obamacare Again, Julie Boonstra Strikes Back
- Dirty Harry Reid Goes Around the Bend
- Obama Delivers Dead-On-Arrival Budget, Lies About It
- Poll contains good news and bad news for Democrats [With Comment on Hillary By John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell