Below John discusses the news of the “fatwa” purportedly condemning terrorism issued by a group of American Islamic leaders under the auspices of CAIR. Among the few experts whose opinion I would attend to on the meaning of the supposed fatwa are Daniel Pipes and Steven Emerson. Emerson has now rendered his verdict on the Counterterroris Blog in “The American Islamic leaders’s ‘fatwa’ is bogus.” I think you can assume until further notice that this “fatwa” has a lot in common with “hudna.” (Thanks to reader Kathleen French Miller.)
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
- A window opens onto the left-wing mind
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell