The Associated Press reports on the exhumation of Israelis who were buried in the Gaza strip, and their reburial on the Mount of Olives and elsewhere. This is one of those doughnut stories, with a big hole right in the middle. On the AP’s telling, the transfer of Israeli dead out of Gaza becomes a story about Jewish burial customs. Completely absent is any reference to the reason why Jewish bodies had to be removed before the Palestinians occupied the settlements: the knowledge that the Palestinians would desecrate Jewish graves, as they did on the Mount of Olives and elsewhere where they had the opportunity.
Most Read on Power Line
- Should We Feel Sorry for Obama?
- The Democrats Try To Shut Their Opponents Up (Cont.)
- Pro bono law morphs into left-wing lawfare
- Breaking: Obamacare Takes Torpedo Below the Water Line
- The Nutroots Are Worried, And We Have the Answer
- What's next after Obamacare's defeat in Halbig v. Burwell? [updated]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell