Ariel Sharon has narrowly won a vote within his Likud Party that was viewed as a referendum on his leadership after Israel’s withdrawal from Gaza. At issue was a proposal by his opponents (led by Benjamin Netanyahu) to move forward the party’s primary election to November. As a result of the vote, the primary will occur next spring, as scheduled.
Via Power Line News.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- When Al Franken body-slammed a demonstrator
- The Week in Pictures: Body Slam Edition
- Trump resisters in robes: the Fourth Circuit's travel ban decision [UPDATED]
- Mugging Mr. Murray
- What Venezuela's Medical Crisis Tells Us About Socialism
- Tillerson declines to host Ramadan event at State Dept. (for now)
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell