Ariel Sharon has narrowly won a vote within his Likud Party that was viewed as a referendum on his leadership after Israel’s withdrawal from Gaza. At issue was a proposal by his opponents (led by Benjamin Netanyahu) to move forward the party’s primary election to November. As a result of the vote, the primary will occur next spring, as scheduled.
Via Power Line News.
Most Read on Power Line
- Why You Should Be Sympathetic Toward Cliven Bundy
- Today's IRS Documents: What Do They Show?
- Standoff at Bundy Ranch Ends, With Photo of the Year So Far
- The War On Standards Comes to College Debate [with comment by Paul]
- Is Scott Walker on his way to 2016 front-runner status?
- At Dartmouth, Phil Hanlon wants no enemies to the left
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell