…check out Hillary Clinton, who scores only a 38% favorable rating in the latest Rasmussen poll. 47% view her unfavorably. Further, only 27% say they will definitely vote for Hillary if she runs in ’08, while 43% say “no way.”
As I recall, 43% is right around where John Kerry’s “unfavorable” rating wound up on Election Day, so Hillary starts out viewed with the same level of suspicion that it took an entire Presidential campaign for Kerry to achieve. I also think that some of the people who say they would consider voting for Hillary will think twice when it sinks in that this means returning Bill Clinton to the White House in some undefined “first husband” role–a thought that should make just about everyone queasy.
More bad news for the Dems: 59% of respondents say it’s either “very likely” or “somewhat likely” that Hillary will be their candidate in ’08. So the party is weighed down by a presumptive candidate who pretty much can’t win.
The Democrats have pursued what may turn out to be a “mutual assured destruction” policy of non-stop, indiscriminate attacks on President Bush. They’ve succeeded in driving down the President’s popularity, but at what cost? Their own standing is even worse.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Princeton Students Fight Back
- Five Shot at Black Lives Matter Protest In Minneapolis [Updated]
- Washington Post's Fact Checker Doesn't Read the Washington Post [Updated][Updated Again]
- When the Press Attacks Donald Trump, the Truth Is Optional [Updated]
- Insist on the Gosar amendment
- The man our founders warned us against
The Power Line Show
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell