A stampede toward defeat is in progress in the mainsream media and much of the political class. It was on display last night, when CBS correspondent Lara Logan interviewed General John Abizaid on 60 Minutes. The whole interview was interesting; you can read about it here. This was the climactic moment, when Ms. Logan suggested that the task in Iraq is “how to manage the defeat”:
Defeat: it’s getting so close, they can almost taste it.
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- The Week in Pictures: Quel Horreur! Edition
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell