The incredibly accomplished journalist David Halberstam died yesteday at age 73. He covered the big stories of our time, including the civil rights movement and the Vietnam war. Our friends at Commentary have retrieved two of Halberstam’s Commentary articles from their archives: “The white citizens councils” (October 1956) and “Getting the story in Vietnam” (January 1965).
Most Read on Power Line
- Should We Feel Sorry for Obama?
- The Democrats Try To Shut Their Opponents Up (Cont.)
- Pro bono law morphs into left-wing lawfare
- Breaking: Obamacare Takes Torpedo Below the Water Line
- The Nutroots Are Worried, And We Have the Answer
- What's next after Obamacare's defeat in Halbig v. Burwell? [updated]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell