The incredibly accomplished journalist David Halberstam died yesteday at age 73. He covered the big stories of our time, including the civil rights movement and the Vietnam war. Our friends at Commentary have retrieved two of Halberstam’s Commentary articles from their archives: “The white citizens councils” (October 1956) and “Getting the story in Vietnam” (January 1965).
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
- Rand Paul: Did an Old Prejudice Rear Its Head In His CPAC Speech?
- Poll contains good news and bad news for Democrats [With Comment on Hillary By John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell