The incredibly accomplished journalist David Halberstam died yesteday at age 73. He covered the big stories of our time, including the civil rights movement and the Vietnam war. Our friends at Commentary have retrieved two of Halberstam’s Commentary articles from their archives: “The white citizens councils” (October 1956) and “Getting the story in Vietnam” (January 1965).
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- The meaning of "Australia" [Updated With Chart: How Successful Was Australia?]
- Bon Jovi to Waters: Drop Dead!
- Best Academic Abstract Ever [With Comments By John and Paul]
- Modest Proposals On Gun Violence
- Hide the women and children, the Supreme Court is back in session
- Report: Team Hillary asked Platte River to reduce email data storage
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell