In the immediate aftermath of Israel’s Hezbollah war last year, I commented that the war was a defeat for Israel. There has been some debate about whether the war was in fact a defeat for Israel. Mark Helprin, for example, argued that Israel won the war. The official Israeli postmortem has yet to be delivered. In the meantime, however, in the summer 2007 issue of Middle East Quarterly, the Israeli academic strategist Efraim Inbar explains how Israel bungled the second Lebanon war. It’s a powerful essay.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- What Color Is the Dress? What Dress?
- King v. Burwell: a discouraging mid-argument report [UPDATED] [WITH FINAL UPDATE]
- Who is Eric Hoteham? [Updated With Twitter Account]
- Another Reason Why Hillary Can't Win
- Energy Sense from an Unlikely Source
- MSM mainstays cut Clinton no slack over her email account
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell