In the immediate aftermath of Israel’s Hezbollah war last year, I commented that the war was a defeat for Israel. There has been some debate about whether the war was in fact a defeat for Israel. Mark Helprin, for example, argued that Israel won the war. The official Israeli postmortem has yet to be delivered. In the meantime, however, in the summer 2007 issue of Middle East Quarterly, the Israeli academic strategist Efraim Inbar explains how Israel bungled the second Lebanon war. It’s a powerful essay.
Most Read on Power Line
- Best. Supreme Court. Brief. Ever.
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- As Obama Delays Obamacare Again, Julie Boonstra Strikes Back
- Dirty Harry Reid Goes Around the Bend
- Obama Delivers Dead-On-Arrival Budget, Lies About It
- Poll contains good news and bad news for Democrats [With Comment on Hillary By John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell