On Wednesday evening I met with House chief deputy minority whip Eric Cantor before he spoke at a fundraiser in Minneapolis. I’ve seen Rep. Cantor speak in Minneapolis on a couple of previous occasions and always found him to be candid and pointed. I referred to the evidence introduced in the Holy Land Foundation trial underway in Dallas and asked him about the perception of CAIR in Congress. He said that there was awareness in the Republican caucus that CAIR was a problematic group. In his mind, he said, there is no doubt that it was a front group for terrorists.
Most Read on Power Line
- Should We Feel Sorry for Obama?
- The Democrats Try To Shut Their Opponents Up (Cont.)
- Breaking: Obamacare Takes Torpedo Below the Water Line
- The Nutroots Are Worried, And We Have the Answer
- What's next after Obamacare's defeat in Halbig v. Burwell? [updated]
- Pro bono law morphs into left-wing lawfare
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell