On Wednesday evening I met with House chief deputy minority whip Eric Cantor before he spoke at a fundraiser in Minneapolis. I’ve seen Rep. Cantor speak in Minneapolis on a couple of previous occasions and always found him to be candid and pointed. I referred to the evidence introduced in the Holy Land Foundation trial underway in Dallas and asked him about the perception of CAIR in Congress. He said that there was awareness in the Republican caucus that CAIR was a problematic group. In his mind, he said, there is no doubt that it was a front group for terrorists.
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
- Rand Paul: Did an Old Prejudice Rear Its Head In His CPAC Speech?
- Poll contains good news and bad news for Democrats [With Comment on Hillary By John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell