The Washington Post reports that John Edwards is pinning his presidential hopes on his appeal to white male rural voters. I see only two problems with this strategy. First, white male rural voters are outliers in the Democratic party, and thus are not capable of conferring the nomination upon Edwards. Second, white male rural voters have little reason to support a pretty boy leftist like Edwards. There’s certainly not much evidence that he delivered such voters for the Democratic ticket in 2004, when arguably he was less transparently phony than he is today.
To comment on this post, go here.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Holder DOJ expert witness: blacks are dumber and less civic-minded than whites
- Cultural Differences, Assimilation and Immigration Policy
- Obama's surge
- Those lyin' Dems, by the numbers
- Poll shows "war on women" theme isn't working, among other good news
- Anne Kuster's ghoulish pro-choice rally [UPDATED]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell