Muqtada al-Sadr has just announced a six-month suspension of military activity by the Mahdi Army to provide for the “rehabilitation” of that force, which has more or less splintered. The suspension includes a cessation of attacks on American forces.
It’s unclear how much practical effect this edict will have, but one would think that it can only lead to further reduction in sectarian violence.
Via Power Line News.
Most Read on Power Line
- Why You Should Be Sympathetic Toward Cliven Bundy
- Today's IRS Documents: What Do They Show?
- Standoff at Bundy Ranch Ends, With Photo of the Year So Far
- The War On Standards Comes to College Debate [with comment by Paul]
- Is Scott Walker on his way to 2016 front-runner status?
- At Dartmouth, Phil Hanlon wants no enemies to the left
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell