The Left’s attack on Democratic Congressman Brian Baird, who had the temerity to visit Iraq and report that he saw signs of progress, has been much noted, as for example by Jeff Jacoby in today’s Boston Globe. The liberals’ attack on Baird has been carried to perhaps its most ludicrous extreme by MoveOn.org, which has has launched a television ad campaign against Baird. You can see their ad here.
In its press release announcing the anti-Baird campaign, MoveOn accused Baird of a “flip-flop” on Iraq, because he voted against the war in 2003. But, of course, it isn’t a “flip-flop” if the facts on the ground have changed. Nothing illustrates better the fact that for most on the left, being anti-war is a tautology that has nothing to do with the actual reality of what is happening in Iraq.
To comment on this post, go here.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Cromnibus Gruber Torture Edition
- Did Ted Cruz just pave the way for confirming a wave of Obama nominees?
- Conservative Muslim's opinions produce "existential worry" at University of Michigan
- Will the Last Employee of the NY Times Please Turn Out the Lights?
- Coming Soon to a Utility Bill Near You?
- Fake but accurate revisited
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell