Yesterday’s Washington Times included Andrea Billups’s excellent story on the installation of footbaths for Muslim students at the University of Michigan Dearborn. Billups reports that the footbaths “were requested as an accommodation by a Muslim Student Association’s task force.” The object of the demand for footbaths is to secure the expenditure of public funds to support Islam. The phenomenon is insidious.
A little background on the MSA should provide a clue. Founded in 1963 by members of the Muslim Brotherhood, the MSA is, according to Stephen Schwartz, MSA “a key element in the Wahhabi lobby, and a cornerstone of the conspiracy by Saudi-backed extremists to control American Islam, as well the public discourse about Islam in America.” It appears to be closely linked to the Islamic Society of North America, a key unindicted co-conspirator in the Holy Land Foundation prosecution. Joe Kaufman’s “MSA: The missing co-conspirator” provides background.
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
- Rand Paul: Did an Old Prejudice Rear Its Head In His CPAC Speech?
- Poll contains good news and bad news for Democrats [With Comment on Hillary By John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell